Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why the move

It might be a few days before I get pictures posted again- all the old posts are here, so yu should have access to them.

Bu here is the reason for the new blog.

1. I check stats on my blogs regularly.  Last night I saw that 5 users (IP addresses) in F.rankental G.ermany had downloaded pictures from my blog.  One of the IP addresses linked back to the company where the exchange student's father works.  When I looked at the downloads- they were all pictures taken and posted after after the exchange student left my home.  In fact all the pictures were of Christmas celebrations and were picture of Little man (hombrecito) and myself (Big Moma).
Typically the only downloads I have on the blog are from friends in Guatemala, so this was unusually.  Also unusual were the fact that he downloads all occurred on Sunday.
2. So I locked the old blog and moved here.

I want to leave the blog open.  I cann't back and edit all the old posts to remove our names, but I can limit how someone can get here.

So at this point- my son is "hombrecito" and I am "Big moma". 

I ask that do no share this link with anyone at this time- you can refer them to me at my email address
d a c _ c i n c y @ y ahoo . com (removal the spaces)

I really don't want to have to password prtoect the blog- it limits the number of folks who can be readers.  And my mom can't figure out how to do passwords in blogger so it will be hard for her.

As I watch stats on the blog, I may loosen my request to not give out my new blog address.  I am not sure what blogs the exchange student is watching at this point.


my love to you all,
Big Moma.

No comments:

Post a Comment