Sunday, January 10, 2010

Totter Otterville or my red nose boy

Bug and I headed over to Totter Oterville yesterday. it is sill too cold outside for us to be out for long periods and I thought playing inside would be better.
Totter Otterville has all this fun stuff for the kids to do and I expected to be there for a few hours, but it turned into 4 hours. Bug would have stayed longer but he had not eaten lunch, refused anything at Totter Otterville, and was nearing a meltdown. So we left after 4 hours. This is my red nosed Nene. He decorated his face at the makeup area- set up like a backstage area.


see- he is too cute!!!




We had some fun at the water table. I think I am the only parent who thinks to bring a change of clothes for their kid. I saw more kids walking into this area with socks on- there is water all over the floor. Lots of kids with shirts and pants totally soaked. I know I am only bug's parent and other parents make different choices, but with temperatures below 10F outside with the wind, there is no way I was going to let Bug walk around in wet clothes. So I took shorts, tee shirt and water shoes. Bug was happy, I was happy and then he got to put his warm dry clothes back on.
Bug played mail man for a long time. He found some letters for some special people:


This is the letter to Popi and Mireya.






Here is Nigua's letter







This is Susi's letter






This is Karla's letter. The interesting thing, he brought the letters to me without any prompting on my part and he handed me Karla's letter first. This is probably the first time that I have not had to prompt him for something for Karla. I guess since she was always the picture taker, he would forget her. I am glad that he names each of the girls.



He did some block sorting and conveyor belt controlling. This is probably his favorite part of the place after the water table.


Telling me that more blocks were coming. My job is to pull them out of the chute and send them over to the kids in the bins.



The highlight of the trip - the bathroom!!!! Bug forgets the bathroom has kids sized toilets and sinks. He gets so excited about being able to reach everything.

And of course there was train playing. Bug had a train that stretched the length of the train table.


There was a magician at Otterville and he had a white bunny "snowball". Bug was a little scared to touch it, but once I did it and reported how soft it was- he was very happy to pet the bunny.Bug had a great time in the ball pit. This is the first time he really wanted to go into it and the first time I had a hard time getting him out.
Practicing being a good daddy- pushing the baby and going shopping.
love and hugs,
Deb













No comments:

Post a Comment