Sunday, May 17, 2009

Building the playset- Day 2

Bug and I slept until 9 am this morning- thankfully we had already planned on attending the second service at church, because between playset building yesterday and a NASCAR race that ran late last night- we were exhausted.

Today after church, I thought we could get another good chunk knocked out. First we had to head back to Pap's house to borrow a longer extension card- mine is 25 feet and we needed at least another 10 feet. Pap had a 50 foot extension cord, so we have that one for the week.
We got started at 3 pm and worked for 2 hours. By we, I mean, Bug and me. Bug was my "go-for" man. Bug testing where the rock mountain will be be
Telling me which screws are not screwed in all the way


seeing everything


It is a long way down Momma- I need a ladder




Ayudame!!!!!!!!


Window done






Sitting on the slide. I was hoping to have this in- but I need to dig some holes for the stakes. And of course the rock mountain needs holes too.


I tried to build the ladder for the back side, but the boards kept splitting. So I think I am going to see if there is another way (maybe liquid nails). A trip to my favorite hardware store should help me determine what I can do about this. I might have to modify the ladder.
I might get an hour in tomorrow night- maybe get the ladder done or the holes dug. I think I can get the holes done and the slide attached. Bug would love that.
Love to you,
Deb


2 comments:

  1. Deb,

    You are a wonder woman!

    You go, girl!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is impressive. Great job so far!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete