Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Sunday

We had another good day. Sunday is usually our "prepare for the work week" but today we got to watch some Indy car racing and have lots of fun.

In reverse order- pictures from the "festival" at the mall. We had a little trouble with this festival as I expected that the festival would open at 12 noon, or at least by 1 pm. But apparently, the festival did nto start until 3 pm. So I thought we would miss it. As it got later in the day, the weather shaped up to be no rain,s o I made the decision to take Bug to the festival right after going to Grandpa Joe's. I am so glad we went- even thought it was hot and humid. Riding the AZUL teacup. We had a great time - laughing the entire time.
Getting ready to race down the huge slide. Bug was so excited with this ride, that he insisted that we ride 3 times.

We raced each time- I won the first race and Bug won the last 2 times. he loved this ride. he would have ridden it all night long.


The pink teacup. I was actually worried after I bought our ticker band. The first 3 rides we went to, Bug was too small to ride and I was worried that I had just bought tickets for rides that we would not use. But, we found the teacups (2 times), the slide (3 times), the carousel (sat on it but never rode it) and the Ferris wheel (1 time)- so we got our monies worth.



The Ferris wheel. I will admit, I was scared taking Bug on this- something about the last Ferris wheel ride I was on. But this was so much better and Bug loved every minute of it.




Waiting in line.






Bug really wanted to ride the firetruck dog. But suddenly before the ride started, he was crying. So I took him off it and he was fine after that.





We spent the early evening with grandpa Joe- which meant that Bug had to play outside. I was sick to my stomach from the heat in Grandpa Joe's - it was actually cooler outside at 86 degrees. By the time we left I was very worried about how I would do at the festival.








Super Nene!!!! His own name for himself today.







Such a climber









Tooling around the park in the old car











Off to the turtle races.










My turtle loving boy













Happy boy














Playing with Cyber
Tomorrow is shaping up to be a quiet day- some housework in the morning- resting in the afternoon and then some grilling with the family.
Love to you,
Deb












No comments:

Post a Comment