Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day part 2

We headed over to the farm today to celebrate mother's day. It started 3 years ago with us just celebrating together on the weekend when it is Mother's day in Guatemala. This year, the holiday is the same weekend in both the US and Guatemala. It is now a tradition to get together on this day.

Bug and Hermano had a good time together. Yes, we saw some toddler behaviors, but they were both happy to see each other and hang out- blowing bubbles, riding the tractor, playing and being silly. Bubble blowing boys
The shirt I had to buy for Bug "Mommy's pride and joy"


Talking to Mireya, Popi, and Susi. It was very hard to hear with the phones we had- the echo from having 3 phones going was a bit much on our end. So it was not exactly what I thought it might be- it was still a call with friends. Both Bug and hermano spoke to Popi and Momi Mireya. I hope this call was a blessing.


Vaca momma handing the phone to hermano


Bug listening to Momi Mireya.


Hermano decided to go off roading in his 4 wheeler. Actually, he scared us all- we were feeding the calf- see below- and Bug came over to tell us hemano was lost. We fanned out looking for him and found him behind the barn- stuck in the mud (not just mud- this is behind the barn filled with cows- I leave you to imagine what might be in the puddle).




Yeah Me- I am stuck!!!!!







Feeding the calves. Vaca daddy played a trick on me. The red hair calf does not get a bottle, but will steal it from the brown calf. usually the red haired calf- moo cow- get fed first and then Betsy get a bottle. Vaca Daddy sent me in the pen before feeding moo cow and moo cow mad sure I knew he was hungry. I also learned by you should stand with your legs glued together when in a pen with hungry calves.















The bottle for the calf- it is half the size of Bug.









Fresh lettuce from the garden










watermelon smile












true love. I hope one day, I have the honor of having a marriage like Vaca Dad and Vaca mom. They are a wonderful example of love and partnership in a marriage. Thanks so much for letting Bug and I be part of your lives.













Brothers!!!!











3 years later (first picture to be posted tomorrow along with some thoughts)















Bug- driving the tractor. He is on my lap- so I could not get a better angle.















hermano driving- he has this down pat. He has clearly had some practice. And, did you know, tractors have CD players in them??????
















Come on up- we are going for a ride

















The blue goose coming out of the tractor barn


















Hermano chasing down the calf





















Picking fresh lettuce and spinach for dinner.


















together- playing and loving tractors.





















hanging out


































So that was our afternoon and evening. The morning was just as great. Mam mentioned that she wants to be baptized the next time our church does baptism!!!!!! I get to baptise my mom- how cool is that??? More on this later.
Love and hugs,
Deb










1 comment:

  1. No, I did not know tractors have CD players. Looks like you had a full day with lots of good memories made.

    ReplyDelete