Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 3- rework

No pictures today. I had another hour of work on the playset this evening. I had to redo the walls- they were not going to hold up. And I finished the ladder. Before working on the playset- Bug and I got our hair cut and had dinner. Apparently it was not enough together time- as Bug is still wide awake this evening (9:23 pm). I guess spending an hour reading after the hour working was not enough either.
So tomorrow- no work on the playset- we are going swimming. Although I might work on the playset at lunch tomorrow- the joys of working from home. I think I can dig 2 holes for the slide and then only have to screw the slide in tomorrow evening- meaning Wednesday night Bug could be playing on the playset while I do some more work.

I think it will definitely be this weekend before the thing is done. I am thinking that while I am enjoying the satisfaction of doing this myself- with much appreciated help from friends- hiring builders might have been a wiser idea. But I am seriously enjoying seeing it go together because of what I am doing- I just think the instructions grossly under estimate the amount of time needed.

My muscles are not protesting as much as they were over the weekend. And, Bug is actually allowed to help now. I am alot like that TV commerical where the little boy wants to help his dad and the dad sends him away. Yep- I sent Bug away all weekend (more for fear that I would hurt him by dropping something). At this point he, he is able to help- heck I might "help" him drill some things on Wednesday. He would love that.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment