Wednesday, May 20, 2009

home sick with sick Kid- not fun

Bug was sick this morning- low grade fever, GI issues, tired and exhausted. I decided he could stay home- an hour later, I had the same crud with a migraine on top of it all. YUCK.

So home today with a sick toddler while being sick too. Not fun. Adding to our enjoyment was the fact that I have not gone to the grocery store- so milk was undrinkable this morning (that is all Bug wanted), we had basically nothing else except chips in house. So we headed to the grocery store.

I think God took pity on me- because Bug's favorite cart to ride in (the red car) was available- so that meant he was content through the store- although he was insistent about which foods he wanted.

He wanted to play trains when we got home- so I had an hour of watching him play trains. Why- because I am not allowed to touch the trains, but I must watch and focus on him while he plays- that is playing trains with momma.

I had to conference calls for work- first call went well- made it through without Bug interrupting. Second call- Bug proceeds to announce about 1/2 way through "Momma, my butt hurts". I could have died right there- yes, I was talking on the call, yes, everyone heard him, yes we all laughed. GI issues are not fun with a toddler and he has absolutely no filter on what to say when I am on a call. It was funny though.

we took a 2hour nap- OK I slept for 2 hours, Bug slept for 1.5 hours and then decided that I needed to be up- he is too funny at times. He was back to normal by the end of our nap. I was feeling much better and made the mistake of trying to do too much this evening to get caught up. Migraine is back and I am tired. But things were accomplished and I can push through the rest of the week to get to the holiday weekend!!!!!!!!

Bug's playset is still not done- the swing beam has not arrived, things are not looking good for play time in the backyard this weekend- although he really just wants the slide and that is now complete- thanks to our best buds- T and Y who came over this evening to help out. I am at the point now where I want the thing done- nothing else around the house is getting done while I focus on this playset.
Yes, it is empowering to know that I am doing lots of the work- but I am ready for it to be done. The thought keeps creeping in that maybe I should have sucked up the cost and hired someone to put it up- but then Bug would be missing all the fun.

he got to help dig holes for the stakes for the slide. And he helped torq down bolts on the climbing wall. He is helping.

I am off to take more migraine meds and sleep some more. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully we both will be well.

Love to you,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel for you. I can't believe you went to the store feeling like crap. I am no good to anyone when I am sick.

    ReplyDelete