Saturday, May 16, 2009

playset- it is coming along

UPDATE:

To be clear- I had help today- D and D were over in the afternoon for about 2.5 hours. We really got a lot done with the 3 of us working. I worked an additional hour in the morning before D and D arrived. I was trying to get as much done as I could- ie the easy stuff. But even the easy stuff was beyond me in the morning. I think what is left is actually the easy stuff (minus the swing beam and the A frame). Without D and D helpign out today, Bug would be waiting for me to hire some help becuase I can not do this alone.

So yesterday evening, all the wood was sorted and stacked in the yard- perfect idea- perfect placement. But, then last night at 10 pm, the news indicated that we were under a tornado warning/watch through 3 am in the morning. So I figured that should we have tornado, the wood piled in the yard would be a bad idea. So I moved it all to the patio at 10 pm. Nothing like moving 450 pounds of wood in the dark to tire a girl out.


This morning, I got started on the frame- but I quickly ran into an issue. So I only finished one side. Luckily, D and D showed up and saved the day. We got 90 percent of the fort section done. There is mostly cosmetic stuff left on this section to complete and I can get it done this week.
I also noticed that the swing beam (holds all the swing items) was split 90% of the length and about a quarter inch deep. So I called customer service and they are shipping out a new beam on Monday. So it should be here by Friday. My goal is to have the playset be operational by next weekend.
Here is what we got done- the slide and rock wall are just propped up- they are one of the last things that get attached.
The playset fits perfectly into the low area in the yard. I think Bug is going to love it.
I would like to publicly take this time to say to mom- YOU WERE RIGHT. Even before Bug came home, she and I were talking about toys for the backyard and I indicated that I was not going to get a playset/swing set for him as we have a park right down the street. My mom told me there are times you just want to send your kids out in the backyard to play and a swing set would be perfect. I ignored her advice and here I am now getting a play set swing set. Yes, Mom, you were right.
I am exhausted now and I am going to watch NASCAR and relax.
Thanks D and D for all your help today
Love to you,
Deb


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are trying to tackle that project all yourself. I thought you had men lined up to do it for you? Wow, you are braver than I to do that!

    ReplyDelete