Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

We had the family over to celebrate Mam's birthday- earlier in the month and Jas' birthday- last week.

I grilled chicken and brats for dinner. As I was making Bug's plate, he looked at me and said "CORN- YUM". Now the problem with this statement is that I did not get corn on the cob for dinner tonight. His entire face just fell with disappointment.
So being the good momma I am- I offered him corn that I could make quickly. No go on that, he insistent on corn on the cob. So remembering that I had corn cobs in the freezer, I made Bug corn on the cob. he was so happy- he ate a piece of chicken too!!!!!!


Bug practicing for his birthday in 12 weeks.
"Happy birthday to me". Jas has 5 more days of school and then he is officially a SENIOR in high school. Wow- time has really sped by. I remember the day he was born- was it really 17 years ago?????

yummy cake- Mam made for us to share



Before birthday celebrations- Bug played on the swings. he loves that the swings are low enough for him to get into and to push off the ground. He was practicing "in....out....in....out" here.


some spinning- protecting his head from the legs of the swing set- he got close a couple of times.





Super Nene taking off.




just enjoying it. He also discovered that he can climb up his slide. This made the slide portion so much more appealing for him.






Sitting down and get ready to swing.
We are starting the count down to vacation. I am ready now. Bug and I are going to work on a count down calendar tomorrow evening and watch the DVD for our vacation. I think it will help us get prepared. I need to start packing - or at least determining which clothes are going on vacation so I can make sure they are washed and folded soon.
Love and hugs,
Deb







No comments:

Post a Comment